Our team at O’Donnell McKenna Solicitors can advise company officers of the precise formalities involved in the day-to-day running of their business, or advise shareholders on whether the company has correctly followed the relevant procedures.
We know that operating a business as a private limited company (or plc), requires compliance with a multitude of company regulations and government legislation and we can provide you with expert legal advice for:
- board / company meetings
- changes of company name
- share issue
- share option agreements
- a company’s purchase of its own shares
- the reorganisation of share capital
- creation of employee share schemes (CSOP’s, EMI’s, SAYE, and EBT’s)
- increases or reduction of share capital
- creation of new classes of shares
- minority shareholders protection and rights
- regulatory compliance
- the appointment and dismissal of company directors
- directors duties
- company secretarial services
- preparation of new or amended memorandum and articles of association
Companies Act 2014
The Companies Act 2014 commenced in June 2015. Part 2 of the new Act contains the law concerning the formation and registration of companies and there are some fundamental changes to the law relating to the model private company.
If you would like us to assist you, or if you would simply like to have a chat to discuss your options, don’t hesitate to contact us.